Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Another great week!


Hey Fam!

This week was fantastic!  I am still adjusting to the cold but at least the past 3 days it has been sunny :)  I have learned that Vitamin D pills are awesome and I will definitely be taking them the entire winter :)  

The work here is really progressing!  A couple weeks ago, when we received out iPad's, we were told that we would receive training in the form of exchanges.  We were told every companionship would have an Elder with them for at least 2 days, twice this transfer.  Turns out I am the one who gets to do the exchanges with my zone here in Bozeman!  It started last week and it is actually really fun because I am getting to meet tons of people and am able to help these awesome Missionaries that serve here.  The one downside is that I will only get to spend 13 days out of the next 6 weeks in my own area.  I did arrange the schedule so that I get to be in my area for Sunday though.  I am very excited about this opportunity though because I get to see all the great and many blessings from using iPad's in our teaching.

We have multiple people in my area that will be baptized in the next few weeks.  I am really excited about this guy named Mike.  He was raised in another faith and has found great joy in the knowledge he has gained since meeting with us and coming to church and institute class.

The teacher in church said something profound in our lesson on Sunday.  He said, "The blessings of Heaven are limitless but perishable."  WOW.  I really thought about this and it is so very true.  As we qualify ourselves for the blessings of Heaven, as the scriptures state, we will prosper in the land.  The windows of Heaven are opened and we are filled with the joy that only God can provide.  These blessings and feelings are perishable because as we disobey the Heavens can not send down all that our Heavenly Father wishes to send.  I do not wish to say that in disobedience there is no happiness but I will say from experience that although joy may be felt outside the Gospel of Jesus Christ it is always fleeting.  When Jaromy was here he shared a scripture with me from the Book of Mormon that has become one that I love and share often; Alma 12:10, "And therefore, he that will harden his heart, the same receiveth the lesser portion of the word; and he that will not harden his heart, to him is given the greater portion of the word, until it is given unto him to know the mysteries of God until he know them in full."  I love the connection to knowledge and the state of our hearts. 

I am so grateful for the knowledge I have and for the Joy that comes from my Savior, Jesus Christ.  I know that we are all children of God and He loves and does all He can to bless us.  The blessings we receive are limitless but perishable.  I pray that we will all qualify ourselves for limitless blessings that never perish.  I love you all and am so grateful for all the letters, packages, and love you send me, you are the best!  

Elder Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment