Thursday, June 5, 2014

Mission Tour!


Hey Fam!
 
This last week was awesome!  We really got to take some time and help the members here understand the role they play as member missionaries.  We had a fireside on how to be a member missionary last night.  It was like 2 hours long and was really interactive with the members.  We did role-playing and had lots of different break out groups and discussions from Preach My Gospel.  We had been planning it for weeks and I feel like it went just like it was supposed to.  We had a couple recent converts bear their testimonies and it was so powerful.  The guy that I was talking about a few weeks ago from Clinton was baptized on saturday!  He got up and bore a powerful testimony of the truthfulness of the Gospel.  It was really cool because we focused on online proselyting and how we can be most effective online and so they showed some screen shots from his baptism.  His wife is currently living in Hawaii and he will join her in 6 weeks but she was able to watch the entire baptism on Skype.  I am so grateful for technology and how it helps the work of the Lord progress.
 
We are having our mission tour this week and we get to spend some time with Elder Carlos A. Godoy of the first Quorum of the Seventy!  He is from Brazil so we are all learning Called to Serve in portugese to sing to him.  It is actually really hard for me to speak portugese because it messes with what I have learned with spanish but i'll figure it out :)  I am excited because he will be doing a discussion for the leadership of the mission and we will probably get to have some one on one time with this great disciple of Christ. 
 
Overall everything is fantastic here.  I love the weather.  Elder Bishop and I decided to get back into shape for the month of june and set some really good goals!  We will see if we can hit them ;)
 
I love you all and am so grateful for all your love and support!
Elder Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment