Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Almost Christmas!

Hey Fam!

This week was AWESOME!  Well, I lost one of my companions, Elder McLaughlin, because he got his VISA and flew off to Brazil but besides that it has been sweet!  Also, it is Christmas and so our ward pretty much went home but we are still finding some good service opportunities so life is great :)

Last night was our stake Christmas Program and it was a great success! There were like 600 people there and many were not members of our church.  They had lots of Nativity sets up and live musicians all over the building.  They had people playing the harp, cello, violin, and piano.  It was a really fun night cuz all the missionaries were the ushers and we really got to interact with all who were there. 

I have been asked to give many blessings recently and I am so grateful every time I do.  In particular, I gave a blessing of healing to a friend from 2nd ward yesterday which changed my life.  I was able to pray before hand and receive confirmation that this person had the faith to be healed and through the priesthood of God he was healed.  He had suffered from a minor stroke and was losing hearing in his ear and it will not be immediately but I know he will make a complete and full recovery.  How grateful I am to know without a doubt that the God we serve truly is a God of miracles.  He is the same yesterday, today, and forever and loves us enough to heal us when we are in need.  I will remember this week for the rest of my life. 

Thank you all so very much for all the love and support you give me!  I've received so many packages and letters and truly am grateful.  I love you all!


Elder Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment