Tuesday, December 10, 2013

It's freezing here!

Hey Fam!

It is beyond freezing here but I have learned the art of layering :) I found out that last week for whatever reason Montana was the coldest place on the planet!  I believe it too.  The coldest I saw it was -35.  I have never experienced my face freezing the moment I walked outside... but I did get to boil water and dump it of my 3rd floor apartment building and watch it turn instantly into snow :)  

This week was fairly slow as far as missionary work goes mainly because I am serving in the University Ward.  It is finals next week and everyone is freaking out and does not have time to spare this week.  Next week break starts and all will be back to normal though :)  

We did get to go to a baptism of a 9 year old girl in 2nd ward that I got to start teaching while I served there.  It was really cool because her father is not a member of the church and her mother is not active in the church but their comments were, "we will let her do anything that is good and is to her benefit as she grows up."  I love and respect them for that.  This Church truly is the "Good News" and when picked apart can truly be identified as Christ's Church because of it's "Fruit". 

It was kinda sad to send Elder Ruzicka home last friday but I am glad to hear he is doing well.  I found out I get to stay here in Bozeman for another transfer!  My companion, Elder McLaughlin, is still waiting for his VISA and will still be here with me but my new companion will be....... Elder Rodriguez!!! Hahaha I am so excited about this! We used to joke that we would one day be back in Bozeman as companions and the day has come!

Yesterday we had our Christmas program in the Singles ward.  The people there are incredibly gifted and shared their musical talents.  We had people on the piano, cello, clarinet, and violin.  The overall message was of gratitude for the Gift God the Father has given us: Our Savior, Jesus Christ.  I have done some real soul searching in the passed year or so to find out, in any given situation, how I can feel the Spirit of the Lord the fastest.  I now know exactly how the Spirit speaks to me and really thought it would be valuable to learn how to bring the Spirit when I am frustrated or angry.  I have learned that a prayer of gratitude ALWAYS works.  It is truly amazing and I have a strong testimony that if we will just take the time to thank God in all we do that we will have the Spirit with us in a greater abundance.  

Thanks so vey much for all you do for me!  I am staying at my current address, 2307 west main street apartment #324, Bozeman, Montana, 59718.  I love you all,


Elder Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment