Monday, January 6, 2014

Every day is a blessing and I really feel honored to be serving a mission.

Hey Fam!

This week was awesome :)  Some of the members of my ward came back so we had much more to do :) We also got to have a crazy mexican fiesta type meal thing with Rosalia's family for New Years.  She always makes her food super spicy and I think it is absolutely hilarious because the other missionaries usually can't handle the spice and by the end everyone is panting and sweating.  It was the first New Years I have gone to bed at 10:30 for in a long time but that is perfectly fine because I am usually crazy tired by about 9.  

I am really excited for our investigator, Ty, who ail be baptized on the 18th.  I think it is incredible how he has come to find the Church to be true and how he has a great testimony of Jesus Christ because his mother is a professor of religion at MSU and she is an Atheist.  I love how the Gospel truly is for EVERYONE and how all who qualify themselves to receive an answer can find the answer they are searching for.  

I got to go on exchanges this weekend in Ennis and Three Forks.  We spent the majoity of the time in Ennis but it was really fun to see the people there.  The last time I was there was like 8 months ago and people still remembered me!  I guess that is what happens in a really, really, small town but it was fun.  

One thing I have really enjoyed learning to do so far on my mission is to set and achieve goals.  I prayerfully considered many goals for this year and have a list of things that I will really have to stretch for but believe are possible.  I really look forward to looking back at the end of this year and seeing how I did.  Every day is a blessing and I really feel honored to be serving a mission.

Thanks to all of you for all your love and support!

Love,
Elder Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment