Monday, April 7, 2014

Conference!

Hey Fam!
 
This week was phenomenal!  We got to visit with tons of people and truly saw the hand of the Lord working in the lives of many here in Missoula.
 
First off, Conference was awesome!  I love General Conference and if I had time I would go into all the great things I learned but I truly did love what I learned.  I will say I did Love President Uchtdorf's talk on gratitude.  There is a common theme to every single person I have seen come closer to Christ and it is gratitude.
We now have 3 people who are preparing themselves to be baptized on different dates.  All of them come from different walks of life but are united in their goal of Repentance and coming unto the Lord through Baptism.  One will be baptized this coming saturday!  We are so excited for him!  We gave him a homework assignment a week ago to come up with 3 questions he had about the Gospel and as we met last week to follow up he said something incredible.  He started like he was going to ask a question and seemed a little torn whether or not he should ask.  He then looked us in the eyes and said, "No. I do not have any questions.  I know what I need to know and that is enough."  The Holy Ghost filled the room and confirmed to me that he is ready to make the Covenant of Baptism.  This experience led me to think about the early days of the Church when Oliver Cowdery inquired of the Lord to have another witness of what he had already had confirmed to him by the Holy Ghost.  Doctrine and Covenants section 6 verse 22-23 states, "22 Verily, verily, I say unto you, if you desire a further witness, cast your mind upon the night that you cried unto me in your heart, that you might know concerning the truth of these things. 23 Did I not speak peace to your mind concerning the matter? What greater witness can you have than from God?" This man has had a witness from God that these things are true and as he talked about his questions he said he was brought back to the night these things were confirmed to him and how he needs no further witness that these things are indeed true.  I know that the Holy Ghost is real and that He truly can bring ALL things to our remembrance.  I am so grateful to be able to serve as a full-time Missionary and be a witness of this great Work of Salvation.  I know that Christ lives and loves us and does all he can to help us in every situation we are placed in.
Thank you all so very much for all you do for me!  I love you all
Elder Holland

 

No comments:

Post a Comment