Monday, August 18, 2014

Staying in Missoula!


Hey Fam!

I get to stay here another 6 weeks !  I'm stoked! I love it here.  Unfortunately, Elder Griffith is being transferred but my new companion, Elder Thomas, sounds like an awesome missionary.  He is like 6'7" so it will be interesting getting used to looking up at someone.  He is from Utah but i'll have more details on him next week

We did tons this week! One day we got a call from a lady who said she needed a "little" help in her yard. Haha!  We showed up to find 9 pallets of sod ready to be laid!  It was hard work but we got it done! 

On Saturday as a zone we all went to the Osprey game for "Mormon Night".  Haha, honestly it was not my favorite thing I have done on my mission.  President Mecham requested we all go and there was a bbq before hand which we cooked and handed out food to a couple hundred people.  I loved doing that and just talking to everyone but then we went and sat and watched the game for 2 hours from 7-9pm.  It was just different because I am used to constantly going places and being much more productive than that.  I am sure I will have similar feelings when I get home from my mission.  Last time I saw President Mecham he said, "I have noticed in my life when I fail to keep myself very busy I begin to be very ineffective."  I agree completely. 
I went down to Stevensville on an exchange this week!  We had our zone training, Which went really well :), and then I went to be with elder McCandless and his companion for 2 days.  They serve in Corvallis and their area covers the polygamist town called Pinesdale.  I never thought in my life I would have the opportunity to teach the Gospel to someone who practices polygamy!  We met with a bunch of people and there are about 15 who are preparing themselves to be baptized right now which is incredible. 

At one point we got a call from someone who needed help loading up all his hay cuz it was about to rain so we drove over and in our white shirt and tie began to load it all up.  Then it DUMPED! There was crazy lightening and thunder and we decided we better go inside.  We got drenched!  Soaked from head to toe!  Haha, I have never been that wet in a white shirt and tie.  It was actually pretty exciting so I had a great time.
Thanks for all of your e-mails and great love and support!

Love,
Elder Holland


No comments:

Post a Comment