Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Temple!


Hey Fam!
I am so excited we just found out this week we will be having our zone conference next week in the Temple!  Wow I have not been to the Temple since last December and yes I miss it soooooo much.  This week will be awesome too!  Normally our mission leadership council happens in Helena and is just a one day thing but President Mecham is having this one in Billings and it will take 2 days.  This is how it was exactly a year ago when I went to my first one.  I love these because I get to see President Mecham in action and it always adds to my testimony of the Priesthood and the sacred calling that he has been called to as the President of the Montana Billings Mission.  So we will leave Missoula today at 2 and will not get back here till late Wednesday night.
So a couple weeks ago when I was in Kalispell I accepted the 30 day challenge to go 30 days without saying anything negative about anybody.  Up until now I had not made it passed day 4 without restarting but I am currently on day 7 and still going strong!  This is one of the most awesome things I have ever done.  I feel like I normally have a good outlook on life but things are getting exponentially better!  2 weeks ago the thought can quite clear that I need to start a prayer journal to write down the things that come to my mind as I am praying.  Ethan gave me a sick journal before my mission and I was gonna use it when I fill up the one I have been writing in but now it has become my prayer journal.  2 weeks ago all I did was write the words, "Prayer Journal"  in the front and that was it.  Since then I have had 3 different missionaries act on promptings and invite/commit me to keep a prayer journal.  I started writing in it just a few days ago.  I love being able to look back on things I have prayed about and not just remember the feeling I had when I prayed about them but also the impressions I had in my mind.  I seriously invite all of you to do this if you are not already.  It is amazing.
My new companion, Elder Thomas, is a giant.  He is 6'6" and played football.  He is from Orem Utah and is hilarious.  Him and I get along quite well :)
Thanks for all the love and support I receive from you all!
Love,
Elder Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment