Friday, February 20, 2015

Time is just flying by way too fast...

Hey Fam!

Holy smokes this week went by fast!  I find myself just wondering where the time went.. This week was a crazy week.  We drove over 700 miles this week!  On Wednesday I got to participate in my last Mission Leadership Council in Helena.  It really was a bitter sweet experience.  We stayed in Helena that night and went on splits with some Elders there and then had zone conference the next day.  I am always so impressed with the way President Mecham recognizes and acts upon spiritual impressions.  One of the things I will miss the most about my mission will def be him and Sister Mecham.  Then that night the whole  zone of missionaries drove up to Fort Benton to have a meeting with our Stake President, President Pfile.  We discussed a few things that I really want to share.
 
First we talked about how to have Faith supersede fear and he gave this formula:

1) Follow the prophet
2) Create a true spirit of the gospel in our hearts
3) Be a light to those among who we live
4) Focus on ordinances and covenants
5) Isaiah 60:4 "Lift up thine eyes round about, and see..." always look up, upward pull
6) Remember that we believe our Savior. Faith in Christ sustains us at every intersection in life.
Then President Pfile said, "The best decisions make sense at the intersection of practicality and spirituality or revelation."  As I pondered that statement I really do agree with it.  Lots of times when I am feeling angry or uncomfortable I consciously ask myself why I feel that way and then think of scriptural or spiritual accounts of people who felt that way and overcame it and I usually know exactly what I need to do to better the situation.  This is def something I encourage all of you to consciously do. 
I have a thought for you all to ponder that I will attempt to explain in my letter next week. When a Prophet or teacher is giving a sermon to a city or even ministering to the one he usually invites the person to remember the past. To remember how merciful the Lord has been from the creation of Adam all the way down to that specific person. Why do you think this is? What kind of an effect do you feel this has on a person? I am super interested to hear your thoughts!
I am so grateful for the time God has given me to serve his children here in Montana.  The Lord truly is hastening His work.  We had an amazing lesson with a guy last night and he is now preparing to be baptized on March 28th!  It is amazing how we came into his life at exactly the right time.  Def not a coincidence, 
Thank you all for the great support you are to me!  I love you all
Elder Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment