Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Only 2 weeks left..

Hey Fam!

This week was so awesome!  So much happened.. I feel like we were just running around like crazy people but we got a lot done :)  Our investigator family is all set and ready to go for their baptism on Saturday! The family as a whole has made so many incredible changes to prepare for this day. The dad in the family is already a member and was ordained an Elder yesterday (By his Dad) and received the Melchezedik Priesthood!  It was such an amazing thing to be a part of :)

We had a really cool lesson with this new investigator. We have been meeting with him for a while but 5 weeks ago he got a job at a gas station and has been working like crazy to pay the bills for his family and has not had lots of time to meet with us. Before he got the job he did make some significant changes in his life to come closer to God and to prepare for baptism. He got married, quit smoking, and really did all he could to follow the commandments of God. We had a lesson last week about the Gospel of Christ and we were talking about how we receive blessings from keeping the commandments. I asked him what kinds of blessings he has seen from keeping the commandments. He said he has a job to pay for his family, his health has improved significantly in the last 2 months, he and his wife do not fight like they used to, and he has a much better relationship with his kids and family.  Then we talked about covenants and the promises that God gives us as we make covenants with Him. We focused on the baptismal covenant. He would never set a date for baptism because he is the type of person that wants to know EVERYTHING about the Gospel and the Church before he joins. It was amazing because in that moment the Holy Ghost testified of the blessings he will receive from being baptized and he just said, "Wow.. I need to be baptized!" He asked me the date I leave to go home and then pulled out his phone and said he wanted to be baptized on Wednesday, March 11th! it's just like the scripture says, keep the commandments and God will IMMEDIATELY bless you! (Mosiah 2:24)

About a week ago President Mecham told us we are going to have a special mission wide conference in Bozeman!  It will happen on Wednesday and the primary focus of the meeting will be online proselyting. As far as I know this is the first time the entire mission will be gathered together in one place AND Elder Craig Zwick of the Seventy will be there! The meeting will last just 4 hours and then most of the mission will head back to their areas.  We will be staying Wednesday night and having another Mission Leadership Council on Thursday. I'm stoked cuz they said I can go around Bozeman and visit people I have not seen in like a year :)  this week is gonna be so awesome :)

I have less than 2 weeks left on my mission.. I'm still not really sure how to feel. I LOVE it here and am super sad this time is coming to a close but I am also so excited for what will happen this year :)

I know this Gospel is true!  I read through 3 Nephi chapter 8 yesterday and it just hit me, again, how the Light of Christ is literally everything. When He died and left the world for 3 days they couldn't even light a candle! I have seen the Light of Christ enter and fill so many people on my mission. I know that there is no sickness, pain, or trial that is not within the reach of His Light. He is who the scriptures proclaim Him to be. I have been so blessed and feel so honored to have been able to spend these last 2 years testifying of Him.

I will keep working hard all the way to the end but I am so excited to see you all again :)

I love you all and am so grateful for all your love and support!

Elder Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment