Monday, August 19, 2013

... amazing how the Lord provides people for us to teach

Hey Fam!

This week was awesome! Elder Salazar is really an amazing guy. Even though we are 5 years apart we are connecting really well and his desire to learn in the Gospel is amazing. We have many investigators that are progressing really well. Tomorrow Fany and Diana are going to be baptized! And because of stake conference this weekend they are also going to be confirmed at the same time. I am really excited about it and know it will be an experience. I will never forget.

It really is amazing how the Lord provides people for us to teach. Through kind of a strange meeting and because of an incredible member here we are now teaching a youth pastor of another church. I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon and the knowledge I have from it. As a youth pastor there were still some fundamental things he did not understand. At one point in the lesson I said we are all children of our Heavenly Father and we are created in His image. I was shocked when he said he had never heard that before and asked me where in the scriptures it says that (Genesis 1:26). I love missionary work soooo much because I get to be there to watch the light turn on. To see Christ enter into someone's life and change them. I am so grateful for this opportunity to teach because every single person I have taught has helped strengthen my own testimony. I am super excited for this coming week and all the miracles I can see coming to pass. Thanks for all the love and support :)

I love you all,
Elder Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment