Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Moose Enchiladas!

Hey Fam! 

This week was full of amazing experiences!  First off, I got to eat Caribou and Moose steak, Duck,and Moose enchiladas!  They were delicious! 

On Tuesday Fany and Diana were baptized!  It was the biggest turn out I have ever seen at a baptism
and it went really well.  The only problem was the water heater in the font was broken so we baptized them in polar bear cold water but they were great sports about it.  Because of stake conference they were also confirmed right there as well!  Elder Salazar got to confirm them and he did a fantastic job. 


Wednesday we got to go to the Temple!  Holy smokes that was an amazing experience!  I really missed the Temple and did all I could to prepare myself to have the best experience possible.  We got to have an open discussion for an hour with the Temple President, President Jordan, in the chapel.  WOW.  I loved it and learned so much.  The recent changes made to the Temple were sooo cool!  Such an emotional experience, I loved it. 

We had a great lesson with a man named who married a member and has been investigating the Church for about 10 years.  We read 3 Nephi chapter 11 together and had a very Spirit guided discussion and, I had not planned on doing so originally, but I invited him to be baptized next month on the 28th and he accepted!  His wife was just glowing and soooo happy.  I am very excited for them :)
 
Stake Conference blew my mind.  Elder Jack Ward of the Seventy was incredible.  All of the speakers prepared very well and our Stake President, President Heap, was moving as usual.  President Heap spoke of those in the medical field and brought to my attention a few things.  He related the treatment of his mother who passed away about 2 months ago.  He talked about how most people were there to, "treat" her but a few were there to, "heal" her.  Are we helping others by treating or healing them? I hope it is for the latter.  He related the church building to a hospital and made the connection with the Chapel and the ICU.  He powerfully reminded us that we go to church to be healed and Sacrament is the means by which we become whole every week.  Elder Ward was amazing too.  we had a discussion for 20 minutes on D&C section 4:4.  He talked about how the "Field is white already to harvest" but the way the lord harvests his crop is with a "Sickle".  A sickle is a one man tool and is done one person at a time.  He asked us, "what Sickle do you have to use  to touch others?"  He also said ,"While you are in it only, your sickle is within reach of those within your field."  It is so very true and I agree 100%. 

I believe in revelation.  Jaromy had written down a talk for me to read.  I printed it but had not read it.  It is called,"Moroni's Promise" by Elder Gene R Cook.  I read it Sunday morning.  We had a appointment to meet with an investigator just before Stake conference started.  We had planned to teach the Plan of Salvation but as I read this talk I felt very strongly that I should teach "Moroni's Promise" instead.  We went ahead and taught the principles outlined in the talk by Elder Cook.  The Spirit was present and the lesson went very well.  The main point we focused on was perspective and how we need to have the right perspective when attempting to receive revelation to qualify for that revelation.  I challenged her to have the correct perspective as she went to stake conference and she accepted.  To my surprise for the Sunday session Elder Ward spoke on perspective and how we have a mortal perspective but we need to gain an eternal one. As he spoke it was confirmed to me that the feelings I had to invite her to consider the perspective she had came from our Heavenly Father.  It was the Holy Ghost preparing her, through me. 

I know the work I am engaged in is the work of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Ghost.  They are one in purpose and their purpose is to bring all of us home to them.  I love this Gospel and thank the Lord every day for the time that I am blessed with to be able to share it as a full-time missionary. 

Thank you to all of you for your love and support, 
Elder Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment