Tuesday, August 6, 2013

I'm staying in Bozeman!!!


Hello Family and Friends,

This is Jaromy's last week in Montana with Spencer so I am also including his email.  Jaromy comes home Aug. 9th.  I will forever be grateful to President Mecham for allowing Jaromy to spend this time with Spencer.

Much love,
Teresa


Hey Fam!

This week was incredible and there were many miracles that took place :)  But first off, I get to stay here in Bozeman for a while longer!!! I was actually really concerned cuz you never know if you are gonna stay or go and we have some amazing things happening here currently so I am happy to report that I will be staying :)  Also, my new companion will be arriving fresh from the MTC so I will get to be a Trainer this transfer!  It is very exciting but also kinda nerve racking at the same time.  I know it will be fine and as I am obedient this new missionary will follow suit but I just understand how important it is to start out doing things right from the get go because it will help shape the entire mission.

We were able to present the new Ward Facebook plan to the ward council yesterday! It went really well and was actually very entertaining.  Like half way through the power point presentation the High Priest group leader goes, "Wait a minute, What is a Facebook"  Haha and Jar and I laughed for like 30 seconds cuz he was totally serious.  But it went really well and I know it is going to help synergize the work with the members and missionaries.  There are soooo many benefits to Facebook and I know it will be a gigantic leap forward with missionary work and we will see the results very quickly :)

We had multiple people moving in the ward this week so we were running around helping out.  The people here in this ward are so amazing and continue to blow my mind every week as I see them show Charity for their fellow men.  They truly are followers of Christ and I love them for it.  This Sunday we had 11 investigators show up at Church! The ward was amazing at welcoming them and making their experience one that allowed the Spirit to touch them in a way that they have a desire to return.  7 of them were members of John's family and they are all currently recieving the missionary lessons!!  It is soo exciting to see their progression and I am evercome with joy for John because he is going to get to baptize his entire family.  We were trying to make arrangements for them all to be baptized in their prospective areas (Most live in montana but not in Bozeman) But President Mecham just said that they actually all can get baptized here and so tomorrow we are going to try and set the date for all 7 of them to be baptized on the same day!!  It  will for sure be a day I will never forget. 

I am soo grateful for the time I have had here with Jaromy and I know that this experience will be something we will both cherish forever.  I have learned loads from him and maybe he learned something from me but I def feel like he has been the teacher here. 

I love this work and look forward to every single day because I truly do get to see miracles happen :) I love you all and am so grateful for all your love and support!

Elder Spencer Holland

-
Hey Family! 
Anyway, this week was a great week and we saw many different blessings in many different forms. Personally and with the investigators. 

First with the investigators, we have been teaching John's family and things are going reallly well.
They are all doing great and they all accept the teachings that we have taught them and are super excited about everything.  They have all accepted the challenge to be baptized but we haven't been able to extend them a specific date because they all live in different cities near bozeman so they should be baptized in their respective wards. Well yesterday I called and talked to President Mecham and I took the opportunity to ask him about John's family and he said that they could all get baptized here in Bozeman 2 at the same time- all together.

But another miracle is that John's ENTIRE family came to church! All of them! And two of his really good friends. Apart from them we had the wife of a member that isn't a member but she has been taking the lessons but not since I have been here because she has been too overwhelmed with finishing nursing school (but she just finished last Friday so it should open up her schedule quite a bit more)  and we also had a Mexican family come to church so in total there were 11 investigators that came to church which was a record for both Spencer and I.  In Chile the most that ever came was 10.
But the teaching is going really well and I am excited for Spencer for the next transfer and his mission. He is really a great missionary and is trying his best. He is learning fast too so he will be the person that all the other missionaries look to for guidance.

Anyway, it has been amazing to be here. There have been some challenges and some great things that I have learned. That is just the mission, there is the best of both worlds. But it is amazing, the transformation that Spencer has made in his life. It is truly a miracle what has happened with him and I am so glad to have been blessed enough to come out and witness it first hand.

Miracles happen all the time, if we just have the eyes to see them.  

Anyway, I will see you all on Friday! Have a great week, its going to fly.

love,
Elder Jaromy Holland
For the last time this time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment