Thursday, July 31, 2014

Kalispell this week!

Hey Fam!

This week was awesome! It is super nice here and I have been able to spend lots of time in the sun :) On Saturday we had had our ward Pioneer day BBQ which was great. There were a ton of people! We had lots of members who have not come to Church in a while attend and multiple who are currently investigating the Church. Our ward mission leader tried to nail me with a water balloon and started an all-out war leading into kickball. It was a fun night :)

I finished reading the Gospel of John this week! I LOVE the Book of John. He is so descriptive and gives so many accounts of things that are not complete in the other Gospels. I especially loved reading John chapter 14. I found an awesome definition for the word believe here. Unfortunately, we run into so many people all the time who are deceived into thinking that all Christ requires for you to believe is to simply say you accept Him in your heart and then that's it, you have been saved. In John Chapter 14 verse 12 the Savior says, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also..." Christ is the perfect example for all of us to know how we should live our lives (1 Peter 2:21). I have come to know this is true simply by the way I feel when serving others. It sounds strange but I have by far found the most peace in service to others. The Savior also taught us that by doing we receive confirmation of the doctrine when he said, "If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself." John 7:17

I am so grateful for the knowledge I have been given and the light that continually enters my life through the scriptures. I invite you all this week to particularly look for ways you can be DOERS of the doctrine of Christ in your everyday routine. I promise you that if you will consciously look for ways to bless and serve others they will be shown to you and you will feel and know that because you have chosen to do you are a believer in word and in deed.

This week I get to spend 2 days in Kalispell which will be awesome! I get to drive right by Flathead Lake! I have heard it is one of the most beautiful lakes in the entire world and right now is one of the most perfect times to see it. I really am blessed to serve here in Montana.

Thanks so much for all of your great love and support!

Love,
Elder Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment