Monday, July 7, 2014

I get another transfer here!

Hey fam!

So I get to stay another transfer!  I'm stoked but unfortunately Elder Bishop is being transferred to be an assistant to President Mecham. He and I have gotten along really well and have some awesome gospel studies in the past 4 1/2 months. I love gospel discussions and learning all the insights and scriptures each person has found. He will def be missed but my new companion will be Elder Griffith.  He was companions with Elder Bishop for 3 months a while ago and I've heard he is awesome so I think it will be another great transfer :)
So the Fourth of July was pretty fun!  In the morning we got all 24 of the missionaries out to Fort Missoula for the Fourth of July breakfast.  It was a blast! The entire breakfast is donated by our Church and they use it as a fundraiser as well. They charge $5 a person and donate everything to Fort Missoula. We served over a thousand people. I have never made that much bacon in my life!  It was really fun. It was pretty much run by missionaries and all the servers were missionaries dressed in their proselyting attire. The only downside was it has been crazy hot and by 10:00 it was like 85 degrees And cooking under a tent with like 15 grills gets quite toasty... Sorry I didn't take any pictures but I got 2 pictures from one of the missionaries I will send.

Then as a zone we all went on a hike!  Elder Bishop and I found a sweet trail up in rattlesnake canyon that is about 3 miles round trip. We did a fun activity involving rocks and a discussion on the  Atonement at the top of the hike.  I love being in nature.  Truly, all things denote there is a God.

We have been teaching this lady who had not been to Church for quite some time.  She has now come consecutively for the past month and loves the way she feels at church. Her husband passed away a few months ago and it seemed like she had tried everything of the world to bring the peace she needed but nothing would work. Somehow, we knocked on her door at just the right time.  She has taken the steps to repent be made clean through Christ. This is seriously my favorite part about being a missionary; repentance.  So many people think it is a scary thing but in reality it is he greatest thing we are able to do here in this life. To have a change of heart and forsake the natural man is to be closer to God and the peace that comes with it is unlike anything the world can offer :) this lady got up yesterday and bore her testimony. It was powerfully simple.  She basically said that as she has read and come to Church that everything just feels right. She acknowledged a unique peace she had desired since her husband passed and now knows that because she has chosen to follow the Savior she was given this peace.  At the end of her testimony she said, "I am here because it feels right, and this is where I am going to stay." I was soo happy when she said that!

I love being a missionary. The other day someone asked me how much time I have left as a missionary and it made me sad to think I have only 9 months left. I really could do this forever.

Thanks for all the great love and support I receive from each of you!  I hope you all had an awesome and safe Fourth of July :)

Love,
Elder Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment