Thursday, September 4, 2014

This week was fantastic :)

Hey Fam!

This week was fantastic :) it has been pretty crazy but super fun. I feel like if someone told me to just kick back and chill for a few hours I would go crazy... I never thought I would say this but I love being super busy all day every day :) I have been living like this pretty much for a year and a half and it has grown on me.  A couple weeks ago President Mecham, who is an extremely successful business man, said he has learned that when he does not keep himself very busy he becomes very ineffective. I agree.

So this week we had a really awesome experience.  One of the recent sister converts in our ward had something really special happen to her.  Her grand daughter had to have surgery on Saturday.  She is only 6 years old and was very nervous about the surgery. This story really helps add to my testimony of the Priesthood.  Elder Griffith and I went over about 3 weeks ago and gave her a blessing and in the blessing I was prompted to bless her with the ministering of angels as she went through this experience.  The sister said the surgery went great and as she was sitting in the hospital her granddaughter told her what happened.  She was told by the doctor that she was gonna go to a peaceful pearl white beach for a little bit and then come back.  The granddaughter said that was not at all what happened.  She said she went to a place where angels were all dressed in white and where they were in the clouds and surrounded by rainbows.  She said that there was one in particular that stayed with her the entire time.  She said he held her hand and just sat and talked with her the entire time she was there.  The sister said this was incredible to hear from her grand daughter.  When they got home the granddaughter looked at a picture on the wall and started yelling, "That's him! He is the angel that was holding my hand!"  As the sister told us this story she started to cry and pointed to the picture on the wall and said the man in the photo was her Dad.  The granddaughter had never met him.  He had passed away years ago and the sister never really understood why God had to take him so early.  She now knows that her dad is engaged in a great work of service on the other side.  As she told this story to me I felt the Holy Ghost bear witness to me that it was true.  I am so grateful to know that God loves us enough to allow those who have passed on the continue to minister to us.  I truly do feel that each of us has some sort of support from people here but the support of our family who is on the other side is much greater.

Today is day 16 without saying anything mean about anybody.  This challenge is super hard but as time goes by is actually getting easier.  Haha I think I would be devastated if I were to have to restart but that's life :) 

We are heading to Billings this afternoon to go to the Temple tomorrow!  I am so stoked it is unreal!  I have really missed the Temple.  I have not gone since December.  We are having our Zone Conference with the Temple President, President Jordan and President Mecham tomorrow morning in the chapel.  Then we will all participate in an endowment session.  I am so excited for the things we will get to learn :) 

Thanks for all you all do and the great support you are to me, I love you all!

Elder Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment