Monday, July 22, 2013

Awesome week!

Hey Fam,

We had an awesome week!  People are just kinda popping up to teach. It is really cool to see :)  A couple weeks ago Elder Rodriguez and I were teaching a investigator a lesson in the Book of Mormon and his friend was there.  She was kinda shy but participated in the lesson and even tho she has family members who are Mormon I could tell she knew very little about the Book of Mormon.  So we taught her exactly what it was and then gave her a copy to read.  I prayed for her to read it but she sorta slipped my mind cuz she lives in Boulder and we weren't planning on teaching her any further.  Then a little while ago I heard she was in a 4 wheeling accident and broke her back so I continued to keep her in my prayers.  We are currently teaching the investigator's son the lessons and so we went over after church yesterday to teach a lesson and the friend from Boulder was there! As well as one of the investigator's 10 year old cousins.  I immediately could tell something was different about the friend and her energy was just radiant.  She was very excited to meet with us.  I came to find out that she has been reading lots from the Book of Mormon.  She said she has had multiple signs that the book is true too!  She was sitting in the doctors office reading her Book of Mormon.  She said her Doc came out and noticed what she was reading and told her to keep reading because that book will answer any question she has.  Turns out her Doc is LDS! So as of yesterday she had already read half the book!  We taught her the Restoration and she accepted the invitation to be baptized.  It was a very joyous meeting and helped strengthen my testimony of the Book of Mormon.  She just kept saying how excited she was to finally have all these questions she has been wondering about answered.  The Book of Mormon truly does answer every question one could have.  It fully explains why Christ did all he did and gives explicit detail of the Plan of Salvation.  It is now and will forever be my favorite book.  But that is just one of the many awesome experiences we are having here.  We are setting personal records every week as companions and I love it because the more people we teach the more I am learning.  Thanks everyone for all your love and support, I love you


Elder Spencer Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment