Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Jar is here!!

 
Hello
This is the first letter from Spencer and Jaromy so I thought I would include both letters.  These boys are brothers as well as missionary companions!
 

Hey Fam!

This week has probably been the best week so far on my mission.  I was super sad to see elder Rodriguez
get transferred but unbelievably stoked to get my new companion, Jar!  He def grew an inch on his mission cuz now he is barely shorter than me... but still shorter than me ;) 



We were able to go to a baptism on Friday for a lady I was able to get to know and teach out in three forks!  It was soo fun to see all my good friends out there and especially to get to introduce them to Jar.  The Spirit was soo strong and it was another great experience I will never forget. 


Jaromy is an exceptional missionary.  I have already learned tons from him and feel like he will be teaching me every day while we are together.  I truly do feel like it was divine intervention to bring us together to make this experience possible.  We teach really well together and I can already see miracles happening here in Bozeman. 



It has been sooooo hot here! Crazy hot but I hope it dies down soon...  We have lots of great things planned for this next week and I am very excited about them.  We got to go hike out to a waterfall called Hyalite canyon this morning and it was beautiful.  I love it here in Montana and am soo excited to have Jar with me cuz this experience is truly a once in a lifetime king of thing :) I love you all thanks for all your love and support!!

Elder Spencer Holland

Dear Family,

Anyway, as for us and the week it was a great week. I got into Billings on Tuesday morning (I tried to get on
the same flight as the other misisonaries but it was all full so I couldn't, I ended up on my regular flight which was ok because I was able to talk to the girl next to me the whole way and basically share the message of the restoration with her which was cool. But we got here and went to the temple and the temple here is gorgeous! It really is beautiful. It was cool to see, there is a beautiful foyer with an open glass ceiling as you walk in. Also in the entrance there are a couple of fountains which are beautiful, it is a really neat temple. It was cool to go there on the first day with all the new missionaries, pres Mecham and Sis Mecham. But I do love President Mecham, he is a really cool guy and it was amazing that he is letting us do this. He isn't very by the books, he tries to go by the spirit which I like a lot about him. It should be fun here, there is lots to learn.

But Thursday I was driven out to Boseman and I met Spencer. It was really cool, he is so different! He is really really different but in amazing ways.. It has been fun to see him and how he has changed and he really does have strong desires to do what is right. It is cool to see that. I am excited to get to know him and we are going to have some great experiences together.

As far as the work goes, we are implementing some ideas from my mission and keeping some from his so we have a hybrid workstyle going on here which should be good. The members are great and are very helpful..  Lots of the members are very Missionary oriented and are engaged in the work which is great to see, its exciting. We selected a few young couples to concentrate our work on so we are going to work with them to see what fruits come. it should be great! thanks for everying and I got to go,

Love

Elder Jaromy Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment