Tuesday, July 9, 2013

It was another great week in Bozeman! 4th of July!

Hey Fam!

This week was awesome!  I continue to learn loads each day from Jar and have come to realize that him coming here was truly a gift from God.  We click really well and the fact that we are brothers has brought us lots of attention.  We have the opportunity to explain on the door that we are brothers and it has been very beneficial in aiding us in bringing others to Christ. 


The members here are fantastic and love doing missionary work.  One of Jar's great ideas is to focus on a small community and to use the members there to get to know the community and it is working very well.  We are in the beginning stages of the plan but I have prayed about it and I know Heavenly Father is supporting it 100%. 

The way we have been finding people is amazing.  God is literally just planting them in front of us!  There is a less active member we ran into early last week who is so prepared to come back to the Gospel it is amazing.  His girlfriend is not a mamber yet and I am very excited to teach them this week. 

My spanish is also improving since Jar came.  We have a few spanish people to teach and it is amazing how the Lord is helping me to remember a language I learned almost a decade ago.  But Jar is a fantastic missionary and truly loves the people we teach.

For the 4th we went up to watch fireworks at the Mortensons.  They live up on the top of the hill in south Bozeman and you basically have a view of the entire valley from their place.  The sunset was breath taking and then they had their own little firework show too. Earlier that day all 6 elders went and did service at a members house and we sat around and sang songs too and she suggested we sing the one primary song that's like," The Lord commanded Nephi to go and get the plates, from the wicked Laban inside the city gates... " It was fun and there were tons of non-members there but it was different singing in front of a bunch of people. Welcome to missionary work I guess. 

But we are really enjoying our time here and truly are seeing miracles happen in front of our eyes.  I am so grateful I decided to keep a journal every single day of my mission because it is already one of my most prized possessions and for all of you at home I highly suggest doing so.  I love you all and am sooo grateful for your love and support!

Love,

Elder Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment