Thursday, September 5, 2013

Service

Hey Fam!

Holy smokes this week was a very tiring one.  I definitely got my fair share of exercise in this week!  We
moved 5 people and moved a guy out of this huge office AND I got to run around in a hay field and load up a big trailer full of hay bails.  Let me tell ya that is not as easy as I imagined it would be but thankfully Pa gave me some awesome gloves that helped a lot :)  There have been tons of fires here and it is super smokey all around.  On monday Elder Salazar and I hiked up this mountain and apparently we went up to about 10,000 ft but it was a place called Sypes Canyon.  It was an incredible view up there and I am glad we did it because we brought our scriptures and did our studies at the top :).  I forgot my camera but I will send pictures next week.

John's family is progressing very well but the date for their baptism's needed to be pushed back but they will all be baptized.  We are going to set the date tomorrow.  It truly is a blessing to see an entire family progress like they are and I am so grateful for the time I get to spend with them.

We have met with lots of people and some of the experiences are very difficult.  To see the adversary work first hand on people who are trying to find truth is very hard to watch.  I was inspired by a missionary in my district this week.  Something big happened and he knew it was going to be hard to deal with this particular problem.  As the problem was presented to him he looked down, took a deep breath, then looked up and with eyes filled with hope said," It's ok, I can do hard things."  As I study and learn about the Atonement of Jesus Christ I am constantly reminded that because of him I too can do very hard things.  It is a perspective I hope to never lose because I really am learning of the power of the enabling side of the Atonement.  I love this quote from Thomas S. Monson, "Do not pray for tasks equal to your powers. Pray for powers equal to your tasks.  Then the doing of your work will be no miracle, but you shall be the miracle."

I learn more and more every single day I am here and am so grateful for all of the trials and blessings that help me to grow.  Thanks for all your love and support.

I love you all,
Elder Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment