Monday, September 23, 2013

It has been an adjustment being a Zone leader.


Hey Fam!

This week was fantastic!  It really is changing around here.  It dumped rain and snowed up in the mountains but the temperature is def dropping.  I feel that winter is around the corner.  It is getting darker earlier which is I have to admit is not my favorite.  I heard in the middle of winter it gets dark at 4:30 p.m.  Absolutely Ridiculous.  It will be an adjustment.

Things are going really well in 2nd ward!  Heather will be baptized this saturday!  I am so excited for her.  I have been so blessed to see her grow from having such little light in her life to having the fulness of the Gospel in her life.  It has strenghtened my testimony so much.  She drank 6 cups of coffee every day for 23 years and quit cold turkey!  Seriously a miracle and a testament of the enabling power of the Atonement. 

My new companions are awesome!  My companion, Elder Rizicka, is from Vegas and we also have a missionary who is waiting for his visa for Brazil, Elder McLaughlin, with us.  They are both great and are very Bible savvy.  I really appreciate that because last night we met with the Presbyterian preacher and they really helped in the lesson.  I am so grateful for the knowledge I have and I love teaching it!  The lesson with him and his wife went really well and we are meeting again next Sunday so I look forward to it!

It has been an adjustment being a Zone leader.  I love how I now have the opportunity to better help everyone, including missionaries.  I feel sometimes missionaries feel they are overlooked because they are constantly serving others but this is an opportunity for me to be able to serve them as well.  I get to go to Billings tomorrow until wednesday for some leadership meetings which I am really excited for!  It will be awesome cuz when a general authority comes we will get to have an intimate meeting.   I hope Elder Holland or Eyring come at one point on my mission. 

But things are going really well here and I am so blessed to be able to spend another 6 weeks here in Bozeman. 

Thanks for all the love and support from all of you,

Love,

Elder Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment