Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Staying in Bozeman!...... Only in Montana

Hey Fam!

This week was amazing. We had so many incredible experiences and my testimony of missionary work has greatly increased.

First off, I get to stay in Bozeman!! I was actually kinda worried because Saturday I got a call and had an interview to be a Zone leader and so I thought I was going to be transferred... I received a call yesterday during church informing me that the current zone leaders, who cover the university ward, were being transferred and now the zone leaders will get to serve in 2nd ward! Wow. What a blessing. It is going to be a new but exciting experience to be able to help this Zone as we all continue in our efforts to bring people unto Christ.

My new companion is Elder Ruzicka and I know absolutely nothing about him currently but I will get to meet him in a few days. I hope he speaks spanish...

We found a new investigator this week that is progressing very well! I was on exchanges with Elder Brown and we were riding our bikes down a busy road and we came up to this guy across the street on a motorcycle. I had this strange feeling to stop and talk with him and then he waved to me to stop. I stopped on the side of the road and he rode over and had a great discussion with him about the Gospel. The next morning we taught him the Restoration lesson and 2 days later we taught him the Plan of Salvation. He came to church yesterday and stayed all 3 hours. I have such a strong testimony of what Alma says in Alma 13:24, "..Angels are declaring it unto many at this time in our land..." Soooo true. Mike is proof of that because he is beyond prepared and ready to hear the Gospel.

Things are amazing here and I am pretty much on cloud 9 every single day. There are lots of things that are sad and sorta discouraging but the lesson I have learned so far is that if I keep myself qualified for the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost at all time then the bad things don't even phase me because my life is full of joy. I love this Gospel and know with all my heart that Jesus Christ is our Savior and the Redeemer of the world.

Thanks for all your love and support,

Love, Elder Holland

P.s. I met someone who had a pet deer and got to feed it an apple.... Only in Montana.

No comments:

Post a Comment