Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The Seasons are changing

Wow it is sooo beautiful here in Montana!  It is starting to get kinda cold at night and I feel in just a few weeks it is gonna be snowing.  It is crazy how fast the seasons change... I feel like the winter is gonna be pretty long though...  But I do enjoy seeing seasons.

This week went by extremely fast!  We just went from appointment to appointment and at some point they all seem to kinda blend together.  I really was not that great at time management before my mission.  I am amazed at how much we can fit into one day in the mission.   I never thought what we do could be possible but I am grateful for this skill and hope to be able to take it with me when I finish the mission.  

Time is a funny thing to me.  Since coming home from Zambia I have tried very hard to do as Kathy always says and, "Be present".  This is not an easy thing to do but I have learned that as I do I enjoy life much, much more.  I notice the little things.  I find joy in these things and most importantly, for me as a missionary, I see the signs and people the Lord has put in my path.  

I often reflect on what President Monson said regarding time, We cannot call back time that is past, we cannot stop time that now is, and we cannot experience the future in our present state. Time is a gift, a treasure not to be put aside for the future but to be used wisely in the present.”  I love this.  And it is so very true.

I am so blessed to be able to serve these wonderful people here in Montana.  I feel they have taught me way more than I will ever be able to teach them and I truly do feel that every day I have is a gift.  

Thanks for all your love and support!

Love,
Elder Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment