Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Almost out of the cold!

Hey Fam!

So I really thought it was gonna start getting warmer here but this last week proved me wrong... it was freezing!  The lowest I saw was -29. Not cool.  It warmed up to like 31 today and I was almost sweating.  I only have my white shirt and suit jacket on and was fine.  I think I'm gonna melt my first summer home from my mission.

Life is fantastic here in Bozeman.  We have a bunch of new people to teach and the ones we have been teaching are progressing very well in the Gospel.  As a missionary all we can do is invite someone to do something.  Our invitation in all things is to experiment on what we are saying and seek for Divine confirmation.  I just love seeing how personal the Gospel is for each person here on Earth.  We taught this new investigator this week.  He is extremely Bible savvy.  We discussed the origin of the Bible and how it came to be by reading the section, "Bible" in the Bible Dictionary.  It led him to see that we as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints truly are Christians.  He learned that our intention is in no way to take him away from what he already believes but show him that he is right!  That he is correct in believing in our Savior, Jesus Christ.  That because God loves us he has given us Prophets since the beginning to lead and guide us. And that His church has been Restored through a Prophet today and as evidence of this the Lord gave us the Book of Mormon. I am so excited for him because we were able to show him references of the Book of Mormon in the Bible and he was really excited about what he had learned.  Most of all the Holy Ghost testified of truth and he felt that it was true.

I am really excited about this week!  On Friday we get to have our Zone Training and after praying quite a bit about what we should do for it we decided we were going to focus on the Atonement.  Our Stake President, President Heap, will be speaking for an hour as well.  He is one of the greatest inspirational speakers I have ever met. He dedication to serve the Lord has given him a great knowledge of the Gospel and as a result he has become a master scriptorian. 

I also get to speak at the Stake Relief Society Humanitarian Day on Saturday.  I am a little nervous about this one but I am sure the Lord will fill my mouth with what I need to say.

Thanks for all you all do and the great love and support I feel here as a missionary!  

Love,
Elder Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment