Thursday, February 20, 2014

Getting Warmer!

Hey Fam!
 
This week was awesome!  It has started to warm up and has been like in the 40's!  I still think it is strange to see people walking around in shorts & a t-shirt when there is still snow on the ground but I am loving the Vitamin D I have been absorbing :) 
 
The library was closed on Monday and we had a crazy day yesterday so sorry the letter is late but this is the only day we have had enough time to write letters
 
We had some really cool experiences this week!  Our Zone training went really well and I was so grateful for President Heap because he came and spoke to us about how to be Christ like teachers.  He has such a profound understanding of the scriptures I just love it when he teaches. 
 
I got to speak at the stake humanitarian day which was great.  All the wards had their own projects they were working on and much was accomplished.  I love that no matter where you go you find Disciples of Christ doing the same thing differently to serve and love one another.
 
Before lunch I had an experience that was quite powerful.  As we were talking to different people in the gym a man grabbed myself and my companion and said someone needed help in the parking lot.  We went outside to find an older man who I know well who had fallen and was laying face up part way under his truck.  There was very slick black ice in the parking lot and we weren't sure how long he had been laying there. 911 was called and we put salt all over the ice to help.  He said he had hit his head really hard and that he could not feel the cold anymore.  I began to be worried and felt a strong feeling come over me that we needed to give him a blessing before the ambulance arrived.  As we knelt down to give him a blessing I had the most amazing, calm, peaceful feeling come over me.  As we gave him the blessing I felt inspired to tell him that Angels would arrive with the medical team and that they would guide him through this experience and help take away the pain.  When the fire truck and ambulance arrived something incredible happened.  As I looked into each of their faces they truly did shine and I felt a warm feeling that God had granted the blessing and sent Angels to minister to the needs of all present there.  I know and testify that Angels are real. They minister to us daily and are proof of the love our Heavenly Father has for us.  I am so grateful to know that even though there are billions of people on this Earth God takes the time to send aid to each and every one of us.
 
We also had an awesome teaching experience with these some college students.  We were teaching this guy named Drew and his roommate Will.  Drew's brother was in town and he sat in on the lesson.  All of these guys are very Bible savvy and so we taught the Restoration starting with multiple scriptures from the Bible that talk about the Book of Mormon.  This led to an inspired discussion about the Church that Christ has Restored here today.  At the end of the lesson we invited all three of them to follow the example of their Savior and be baptized by someone holding the Priesthood authority of God and they all said yes!
 
I am so grateful for the knowledge and peace I have in my life that can only come from living the Gospel.  I heard President Heap testify to someone this week that we as disciples of Christ do not believe His doctrine to be merely theological or just a thing of the past but we believe it to be practical and we do our best to live it daily.  I know that there is no other way to peace and everlasting happiness.  Jesus Christ lives and loves each one of us.
 
Thank you all for all your love and support! I am grateful for and love each of you.  Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment