Tuesday, February 4, 2014

It's freezing here...

Hey Fam!

So I have been able to adjust to some pretty crazy weather in this part of the world but WOW this is nuts!  I now know without a doubt what a blizzard is!  I think these next few days are gonna be insane too.  We were out walking around in it on Saturday and my face legitimately froze.  First time for everything.  But I love it.  When the wind calms down it truly is beautiful :)
Elder McCandless and I had a fantastic week!  We are now teaching a guy from India.  I love how no matter what walk of life we come from if we have eyes to see we know without a doubt that there is a God.  Thankfully God gave us Prophets and Scriptures to help us understand His true nature.  I am excited to keep working with him and to witness him receive the Truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

We had a fantastic lesson with another investigator yesterday!  He has been meeting with missionaries for months and has gained a testimony of the Restored Gospel but had not accepted a date to be baptized.  I prayed for him many times over the passed few weeks and really felt the day was March 1st.  He said he wanted to pick the day himself and that he would pray about it and let us know.  Yesterday we taught him at President and Sister Heap's home and at the end of the lesson he told us that he prayed and felt that March 1st was the day.  Yes!  I love how revelation works and am so grateful for it because every time I feel something and then someone else feels the same thing and we find out we both felt the same thing by acting my testimony grows. 

I do not have much time now but I am very excited for this week! I get to speak to some seminary kids on Thursday morning and am so thankful for the opportunity.  I wish I had decided to pay attention in seminary because of the amazing things they learn from the scriptures!  I get legitimately giddy in the mornings before scripture study because I know that I am going to learn something incredible and that I will be able to apply it to my life immediately.  I hope you all have great experiences with the scriptures and you cherish the time you get to read them.

Thanks so very much for all your love and support!

Love,
Elder Holland


No comments:

Post a Comment