Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Stake Conference!

Hey Fam!

Wow this week was awesome!  It warmed up a little and then got freezing again but I don't care anymore because I love it here.  We had a ton happen this week!  The highlight was definitely Stake Conference!  Elder Walker and Elder Dunnigan of the Seventy came and we got to spend some time talking with them before the meeting started which was really cool.  They have an incredible Spirit about them and truly do love people the way Christ does.  I'm grateful for their influence on me and all the missionaries.  President and Sister Mecham came and both spoke in the Saturday session.  President Heap was released and the new Stake President was called.  I was shocked when Elder Walker said it would be Bishop Repscher!  He was my Bishop in 2nd Ward for 6 months so I am very excited for him!  He will do great.  Overall it was an awesome meeting.  We had four of the people we are working with who are investigating the Church there which was great because we had really good discussions on the organization of the Church and how it is exactly the same as the organization Christ set up anciently.  I really enjoyed what was said by Elder Dunnigan.  He spoke about the hastening of the Work of Salvation and really went into detail about people and their needs.  He said that we do all these activities and have all these programs for people because God does not care about anything else.  I agree completely and feel as we focus on the real reason why we do all we do, to love one another, we feel the best and continue on the path to become what Heavenly Father wants us to become.  He also said, "Only by having Sisters input are we going to have the best possible outcome."  I agree.  We get to work with Sisters here a lot and things seem to work much better when we work together.  I think it is the same in all aspects of life.   He also quoted President Spencer W. Kimball who said, "The Lord will naturally put people into our circle of influence."  I feel it is just so important to always remember that those people are put there for us to INFLUENCE.  Meaning we need to actually Do something :)

I feel things are going really well right now and I just hope I don't get transferred next week!  This transfer is almost over again but Mike will be baptized this saturday at 4:30!  I am so excited for him!  He has been investigating the Church for almost a year and has finally made the decision to continue his path of Repentance and be Baptized :)

Life is good and I love serving the Lord.  Thank you all so very much for your love and support! Have a great week!  
Love,

Elder Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment