Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Transfers!

Hey Fam!

So I am being transferred to Missoula!  I have always wanted to serve there and they have some really awesome stuff happening there right now!  My new Stake President sounds incredible.  They are on the verge of splitting the stake and have a great goal to reach by the end of the year.  There are also rumors that a Temple will be built there soon if the work keeps progressing as it currently is :)  It will be quite the adjustment because my new zone has 22 missionaries and Bozeman only has 14 so I will def be learning some great things in management soon!  I will say I am glad I was not there last week because they got like 2 feet of snow and had 70 mph winds and there was an avalanche!  Crazy.

Mike was baptized this week!  It was fantastic!  He even got up and bore his testimony at the end of the service and wow it was powerful.  There was a girl there who got to see a baptism for the first time.  We had not taught her anything at this point but we taught her about the Restoration last night and she accepted the invitation to be baptized and is preparing to enter the waters of baptism on April 5th!  It sounds like she does not have the greatest family life and the biggest thing that is drawing her to the Gospel is the calm and peaceful feeling she has at church and when we talk.  I appreciate how well she is able to recognize the Holy Ghost in her life.  I feel if we all paid closer attention to the feelings we have whenever we are discussing the life and ministry of our Savior, Jesus Christ, it would be much easier for those that are struggling to keep the commandments to be obedient.  I know these feelings can be felt even after our faith is tested and it becomes a knowledge.  I feel our Savior's love daily and I feel it is because I am consciously looking for it and engaged in His work.  I would invite you all to look for the Savior in your life daily and especially in the moment because I know and testify that when President Thomas S. Monson said, "The Lord is in the details of our lives" he was telling the truth.

I am sad to be leaving Bozeman because I really do love the people here.  I have made friendships that will last into the eternities and am grateful for all I have been able to experience this far on my mission.  I am especially grateful for all of you and all the love and prayers and support I receive.  Have a fantastic week!

Love,
Elder Holland
 
P.S. The handsome guys in White are Mike and President Heap

No comments:

Post a Comment