Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Transfers!

Hey fam!

I get to stay another transfer! Haha I was kinda nervous but I am happy to report I will be staying for another 6 weeks. Unfortunately Elder Thomas will be transferred to Great Falls but I will be getting 2 new companions, Elder Burnham and Elder Oaks. Haha I feel like Elder Oaks and I are doomed to get tons of comments on our names....
 
I was really thinking about general conference and how important it is. I have come to know that the words of the living Prophets are more important than scripture because they are exactly what God would tell us today. I am so excited to hear what the Lord will tell us through his prophets this coming weekend! I think I have said this before but when I first started to come back to church 2 years ago I just kept praying over and over for a voice or some crazy vision to answer all the questions I have about the Gospel. Last year during the Work of Salvation broadcast Elder Holland quoted Joseph Smith who said, ""We never inquire at the hand of God for special revelation except in those cases where there is no previous revelation to suit the case." It hit me instantly that just asking alone was not enough. We need to search the scriptures and the words of the living prophets and then ponder and pray. Since then I have been on this scripture (including the words of the living prophets) frenzy and still search like crazy for different answers to questions. The awesome thing is I have this list of questions that is about a page long and as time goes on, slowly, questions are answered and new ones replace them. It's a slow process and my patience is definitely tested regularly but I really do believe this is the way God teaches us: line upon line and precept upon precept. My invitation to you all this weekend is to go into General Conference with a few very specific questions in mind. I know that one of the purposes of General Conference is to answer prayers and I promise that the Lord will give you an answer to at least one of your questions. When we pray specifically we get specific answers.
 
I am so grateful to be an Emissary of Jesus Christ! I will be forever grateful to God for allowing me to serve a mission. I have learned lessons here I couldn't learn any other way. I am so grateful for all your love and support and for all the birthday wishes!
 
Love,
Elder Holland
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment