Monday, September 8, 2014

Temple was awesome!


Hey Fam!
This week was beyond exceptional :)  I feel like I had so many spiritual experiences.  We found new people who are super ready for the Gospel and to make the covenant of baptism, went to the Temple, did lots of service, and saw miracles on all kinds of levels :)
I have a really short amount of time today but this whole say nothing bad about anyone thing is really changing my life.  I had a pretty crazy inner battle last week before the Temple because I was not sure If I liked this new version of me.  I feel like I have lost a certain part of myself.  I was mainly concerned that I had lost my sense of humor but realized that the only thing I have lost is the desire, conscious or subconscious, to put others down.  It hit me super hard in the Temple that this challenge was inspired of God and even though it is super hard to continue doing it.  I am now on day 21! I am super impressed with all of you that have accepted the challenge too!  Always remember that it is okay to have to restart as long as you are learning and growing.  I have found when I celebrate the little victories in my life the quality of life I live is exponentially happier.  I still expect myself to always lift where I stand and to do all I can to be quick to observe but the difference now is I know that I can do nothing of myself.  I do all I can to rely on the mercy and grace of our Savior and have gained a strength in all things that can not be measured by the world.  I am growing to a place where even when I have a negative thought about someone I consciously tell God in my mind something I am grateful for about that person.  I know the only reason I can recognize these things is because of the Savior and I can not express how grateful to Him I am for that.  I know that He lives and loves us.  He is much more concerned with where we are going than where we have been and is always there to offer forgiveness.  He also cares much more about the offer-er than the offering.  I have so far to go and make so many mistakes every single day but am so grateful to know I am on the right path and that God is helping me.
 
I will write more next week! Thank you all so much for all of your great love and support!

Love,
Elder Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment