Monday, November 24, 2014

Warming Up! :)

Hey Fam!
 
Haha when I say warming up I really mean it's at a point where my nose doesn't freeze after 2 minutes outside so life is pretty good!  Most of the snow melted this week so it looks like winter will hold off just a little bit longer :)
 
I had a crazy week this week.  The first half of the week we were super busy meeting with tons of new people! Then on Thursday I went up to Havre on exchanges.  It is like 2 hours north of Great Falls.  It really is in the middle of nowhere but I loved it because the people are incredible.  People from small towns are great.  I was there all the way until Sunday night. On Sunday we went to the Chinook Branch for their Branch Conference.  Our Stake President, President Pfile, was there and all the members of the stake leadership showed up.  His topic was counseling with a council.  I really liked this because he talked all about communication and how important it is for us to do things as a team.  He invited different people to come up and share different things throughout the meeting and I got to participate in different parts.  He said the formula for decision making is to always do it with Love and with the Spirit.  I really felt all decisions in life can be made by following this formula.  He talked about the line between practicality and spirituality in meetings.  Basically, we need to come to any meeting prepared to listen and contribute.  Overall it was a really great opportunity to learn how live in a way that I can be guided by the Holy Ghost in all things.
At the end of the meeting I got to participate in the Stake Council meeting.  It was strange because I was the only Missionary there as a guest but I really enjoyed seeing how all the members of that council came to a decision on things.  There was not a single time where I did not feel love during the meeting.  I am having so many interesting experiences I really never thought I would have as a missionary. I love it in Great Falls and am so grateful for the opportunity I have to serve here.
I can't believe it is Thanksgiving already!  Haha we have 3 dinners scheduled and one of them has a 34 lb turkey... It's gonna be a loooong day.  I am so grateful for all of you and the great support you are to me.  I am grateful for the time I have been blessed with to serve a mission.  There is nothing else I would rather be doing with my life right now!  I am forever thankful for the Gospel and the knowledge I have of the Plan God has for us and the role of Christ in that plan.  God is soooo good! Every single day is a blessing :) I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!
I love you all
Elder Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment