Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Happy New Year! 2015

Hey Fam!

This week was so much fun! Our Ward passed around these sign up sheets to spend an hour with the
missionaries on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day so we got to go around and do all kinds of fun stuff with the members in our ward. We played apples to apples, phase 10, Scum President (wearing hats), ping pong, we sang sooo much, and my favorite, we launched mini  pumpkins loaded with fireworks out of a sling shot :)

The weather here has been super funky.. In the passed 48 hours we have received at least a foot of snow and the temps keep going from like 30 to -5 and back. I'm not sure if it has to do with the weather but my body pretty much shut down for 2 days and I slept like 35 hours out of the last 48.. Good news is I feel great today :)

I finished the Book of Mormon! It was one of my goals to read it 3 times this year. While I was about halfway through my second reading President Mecham asked me to start over and do a specific scripture marking so I technically only read it 2.5 times this year but I'm okay with that :)  I have really become a fan of making goals as a missionary. I have some pretty lofty goals set already for 2015.  I invite you all to take the time necessary to prayerfully set goals for this upcoming year and then hold yourself responsible and do your best to achieve them. One of my favorite quotes from President Thomas S Monson is found on page 150 of Preach My Gospel where he says,"When performance is measured, performance improves. When performance is measured and reported, the rate of improvement increases." I have def found this to be true! I have learned that when I give an
accounting of my day to God in prayer at night He shows me many things I did not realize throughout that day. I usually am led to realize, with His help, I accomplished a lot more than I thought that day, I see His hand in my life and the lives of others, and I feel I am much more capable of having the righteous desires of my heart. Planning is so important and I feel when we counsel with God and do our best to align our plan with His plan then we set ourselves up for a future full of Joy and Happiness.

It was so awesome to Skype with you all on Christmas! I really enjoyed hearing your voices and seeing you all together as a family :) I am so excited for what this next year will bring! Thank you all for all you do for me. I am so blessed and feel so honored to have each of you in my life. I love you all and hope you have a happy and safe new year!

-Elder Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment