Thursday, June 27, 2013

Another Awesome Week! - June 10, 2013

Hey Fam and Friends!

This week was really cool.  The weather has finally decided it is going to be summer so we have been spending a little more time outside, enjoying as much Vitamin D as we can soak in.  It is like 75-80 and the sunrise/sunsets here are unreal. I love it.  And we got to visit with lots of less active families who live up at the base of the mountains so it was very scenic and just had me in a fantastic mood all week. 

I finally got to go to the Lewis and Clark caves today! They are so awesome and they go on for like a mile! It is really cool and besides the salt mines we went to in Germany it is the biggest cave I have been in.  Totally worth making the trip back just to see it again.

On Saturday John got baptized! It was such a powerful experience and thankfully lots of his family members, who are not members of the church yet, were able to attend.  They could feel the Spirit bear witness to them that what he was doing was correct and that the proper authority was there to baptize him.  As he entered the water I don't think a single one of his family members wasn't crying, it truly was a touching experience.  Then I had the opportunity to confer upon him the Gift of the Holy Ghost yesterday in sacrament meeting.  Wow, what an experience!  I do not even really remember the words that I said but I know that I had help as I gave him that blessing.  To see his progression and the man he has become because he allowed the gospel of Jesus Christ to penetrate into every aspect of his life is truly incredible.  I feel honored to be a part of his conversion process and I always make sure he knows that his testimony and dedication has and continually does help me with mine as I continue in my own conversion process.  I will be forever amazed at the joy that comes from living the way I now know my Heavenly Father wants me to.  The way I decided to live even before I was born.  I have lived a "Worldly" Lifestyle and now the life of disciple of my Savior, Jesus Christ.  There is no comparison.  At first I thought this would be hard but as I live the commandments I have learned that these concepts of Christ are not new things that I am trying to instill in myself but things that are already there that I just have to recognize in myself.  I also know that these qualities exist in every single human being here on earth. It is just up to each one of us to individually choose if we are going to let them be manifest in our own lives. 

I love you all thanks for all your love and support!
Elder Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment