Thursday, June 27, 2013

Another Great Week - May 7, 2013

Hey all!

Sorry I am a day late. The weather is finally like San Diego here and all day yesterday we were outside (Orders of the Zone Leaders) cuz it was a rough winter and spring is finally here.  But they said we all could e-mail today so here I am.  I am very short on time tho cuz we have lots of people to see.  This week we found a few more investigators and have one more that is progressing so we have 8 investigators and 2 progressing investigators which is excellent!

I had a big realization this week about the rules and everything we do here on the mission.  At first I was like yea I'm gonna live the rules as close to 100% as I can to prove to the members and everyone who is constantly watching us that I am in this 100% so they will trust me and allow me to teach their close friends.  I found out I was very wrong here.  The white handbook of rules that we have is an inspired book that comes directly from the quorum of the twelve apostles.  Like everything that comes from inspiration it came directly from our Heavenly Father.  As we live the commandments we prove to Him that we are willing to serve and he knows the intentions of our hearts.  We always are told that if we do not have the spirit we can not teach but that the spirit will reveal all things to us.  So in being obedient and following the commandments Heavenly father is the one that tells all who are listening that you are ready and have prepared yourself to help others come to the knowledge of the truth.  Miracles happen.  I have had the wonderful blessing of seeing the Lord's hand in a few of my brothers and sisters lives already.

I love the story of Enos and read it frequently.  If we pray and humble ourselves we will receive a remission of our sins and the joy that comes from letting that guilt go.  But if we turn that desire to our fellow men then, as we see with Enos, verse 12, the Lord says, "...I will grant unto thee according to thy desires, because of thy Faith."  I love this gospel and the joy I have because of it.  I pray that we all will follow the example and have a desire to see our brethren come alive through our Savior, Jesus Christ.

I love you all and look forward to talking at 3:00 this sunday!!


Elder Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment