Thursday, June 27, 2013

Zone Conference - April 29, 2013

Hey Fam!
 
The work is really beginning to pick up here.  We have multiple people to teach and we should be looking at a baptism here pretty soon.  It's amazing how I feel its hard here, but the Lord strengthens me and truly makes weak things strong.  I have never been able to remember names very well and I know most of the 150 active members names here!


We had our first exchanges with the zone leaders on Saturday while we were helping out at the Rodeo. Yup, I said rodeo.  Haha I thought it was great, as a competitor you can not enter the rodeo without a cowboy hat!  It was a high school rodeo with kids from all over the state so the town just about tripled for the event.  We got to work the admissions stand and hand out tickets and collect money which was great cuz we got to meet a ton of people and we would just move slow while getting their stuff so we could talk to them.  We call it "Trap Tracting" because they can't leave haha ;)  It was great.

Bro Sieler, the ward mission leader,  took us out to dinner at a member's house in Pony and we went up the mountain and checked out some legit hiking trails and he said he's going to take us there for p-day sometime so we can actually hike it! Also, Lewis and Clark caverns open in like 2 weeks and I'm super stoked.  Apparently they go forever and this early in the season there won't be very many people there so we will get a tour guide all to ourselves and an awesome tour.

I am learning the lessons better every day and am loving tracting.  The only thing that's hard about tracting here is the weather.  It can be 70 and sunny or 35 and cloudy all in the same day and the wind is incredible.  But I'm lovin it here I've already met some awesome people that I know I will stay in touch with forever.

I was reading in Mosiah ch4 and love verse 27 how there is an order to everything.  It's like King Benjamin almost says "ok guys remember, baby steps".  Sometimes it's super overwhelming to think about the end goal we are striving for and what it takes to get there but as we take it one day at a time it is muuuuuch easier.  I'll load up some pics now but I'm almost out of time, Thanks for all the love and support and prayers, I really appreciate them!

Love you all,


Elder Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment