Thursday, June 27, 2013

MTC #2 - March 30, 2013

Hey Fam!
First off thank you to all of you who have written me or sent me packages. I really appreciate it! the MTC is going by very fast and I hardly ever have time to write anyone back for all that I am receiving but I will write as soon as I have time!
Every day is an amazing experience here. I learn so much and have been writing down as much as I can so I can remember later.  We had our in-field training yesterday and it was cool cuz some of the teachers of my classes were the guys from "the District".  One thing I learned is the importance of preparing the member before you go to a lesson with an investigator.  Pres. Kimball said, "No mission can reach its full potential without member help."  The work is progressing extremely fast but we need to make sure we involve the members properly. 
I love this one by Joseph Smith,"Doubt and Faith can not exist in the same mind at the same time." Enough said.
We had a pretty good devotional on Tuesday by Elder Lawrence E. Corbridge who was just released as the area authority for Chile! I wonder if Jaromy ever met him... but it was great. He made the connection with the gospel using symbolism which was awesome because it made a logical connection to the gospel in premise conclusion form.  He talked about using the premise A-Destination/doctrine (why?), B-Route/principles (How?) leading to C-Conclusion/application (What?).  It was really good.
Also thank you Heather for sending me the story from Merek.  it was such a great story of what kind of missionaries we need to be and how we need to love one another.  I read in to my district as an example of how we should all strive to be and it was moving. Thanks
Also I head to Montana on Tuesday, the 2nd! so the next time I e-mail I will be out in the field ;)  so mom I will be calling from the airport sometime tuesday morning :)  also I have not taken many pictures but the sisters have and they are gonna send them to you!
gotta go talk to you all soon!
Love ya, 

Elder Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment