Thursday, June 27, 2013

Mission is awesome! April 15, 2013

Hey Fam!

This week was awesome. We have a few potential investigators but its crazy how things go haywire once the gospel is introduced to their lives.  It's very evident that Satan does all he can to prevent the gospel from working miracles in our brothers and sisters lives. 

I finally got to meet the ward!  They are so great. Our ward mission leader, Bro Sieler,(Who is awesome) went around and got our dinner calendar all filled up for the entire month!! We are set for food and members to teach.  So a member gave us an idea and we ran with it this week.  I proposed at ward council this week to do a program where each auxillery gives us, the missionaries, 2 referrals a month which gives us 14 more people to teach and they loved it!  They announced it in sacrament meeting and went into great detail about it in elders quorum!  This ward is awesome and very proactive with missionary work and this new mission plan will help us lots in helping this great work progress :)

So my big ah ha moment of the week is I am finally learning how to pray.  We pray all the time but specifically at night before I go to sleep.  Keep in mind this takes at least 15 min to do but it has been one of the biggest blessings in my life and I am beginning to see it bless the lives of others.  So in the prayer I basically just recite back everything I did in the day.  I tell Heavenly father what I studied and ask for him to help me remember it.  I go over everything I did and taught with every person I saw and each time it gives me the opportunity to ask for blessings for that person and see how because I am being obedient the Lord is using me to bless other people.  It's truly fascinating the revelation I recieve as I do this.  I not only see how I can further help others come unto Christ but I can see how Christ has had an influence on me throughout my entire day.  To me I think It is especially important to pray like this after the mission as well because I know that Satan has a gift for filling our lives with good things and doesn't leave enough time for essential ones but this way we can see the essential things that come from our Savior and better apply them in our lives for the next day.  Well, that's my big realization for this week.

I'm super excited for this next week and all the wonderful things I will get to experience.  I see now why it is so important to serve a mission.  These experiences I am having are very possible to have off a mission but would be very difficult to because as a missionary we are literally set apart from the world and can devote 100% of our heart, might, mind, and strength and the relationship I feel I am establishing with my Heavenly Father I already know will be the foundation for the rest of my life, and ALL eternity.

I have pictures but I forgot my camera so i'll send some next week.  My ankle got pretty narly looking cuz it was all black and blue but i'll send pics next week. 

I Love you all,


Elder Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment