Thursday, June 27, 2013

Exciting Week! June 19, 2013

Hey Fam!

First off, Congrats Jar you finished your mission!!!  Good job I look up to you tons for enduring to the end and being an exceptional missionary all the way to the last day.  And I am beyond stoked to see you next week!

This week was fantastic and full of many spiritual insights.  I felt very strongly the need to fast for the people in my area last Sunday so Elder Rodriguez and I decided to fast.  We did not take into account that it was fathers day and there would be food served every hour of church which made it difficult but we held on to our commitment to fast and the result was incredible.  People, members and investigators, came out of nowhere and set up appointments with us! by the end of Sunday this whole week was pretty much full! I know that fasting works and that as we show our faith by acting the Lord is so pleased because he is then allowed the shower the blessings on us that he has been waiting so patiently to give.

We are working with John lots and are teaching him some of the awesome stories in the Book of Mormon and he is writing a new album about it.  I think we are gonna have a few lines too which will be awesome.. haha I never thought I  would appear in a rap song on my mission.. Pretty sweet tho.

John's baptism
Yesterday we drove up to Helena to have my first "Mission Tour" and it was amazing.  Elder Arnold of the seventy and his wife came to speak to us and President and Sister Macham spoke as well.  It was an all day thing and I am so grateful I got to be a part of it because I learned tons.  Elder Arnold really focused on the Doctrine of Christ and how it relates to our Purpose as missionaries.  He talked about Real Growth and really went into detail about Baptism.  As a group, we were able to read 3 Nephi chapter 11.  I have read this multiple times but was able to see it in a new light.  It is crazy to think that this is the first "Sermon" of Christ when he appears in America and he mentions Baptism how many times? 13 Times! Christ does repeat things all throughout the scriptures but to speak of baptism 13 times in one single chapter is a very Bold statement of the importance of baptism.
Sister Mecham Spoke about the Talk, "An Attitude of Gratitude" By president Monson.  That talk is fantastic and incredibly powerful and I suggest all to read and ponder it's message.  He said. "We can life ourselves, and others as well, when we refuse to remain in the realm of negative thought and cultivate within our hearts an attitude of gratitude.  If ingratitude be numbered among the serious sins, then Gratitude takes its place among the noblest of virtues."  Fantastic talk, READ IT!  and then Sister Mecham said, "Until you are grateful for the things you have you will never get the things you want."
Elder Jaromy coming home - mom's hug
Pres Mecham, like always, blew my mind. he spoke about revelation and how if we have faith we believe in revelation.  he said, "Revelation. Seek it, Trust it, Do it."  As i try and do my best to implement the teachings of those that God puts in my path I am learning more each day how heavenly father works.  I loved it when pres Hinkley said, "The Lord will Never tire of confirming gospel truths." Even though I know some things are true I can ask in prayer and he always confirms those things to be true to me.  What a blessing it is to live in a time where we have the Gospel restored in its fullness. If we chose to we can all receive revelation and the knowledge and power that comes to those who have chosen to be disciples of Christ.  I love this gospel and know it is true.  I love you all and look forward to hearing from you next week and most importantly seeing Jar!!! 

Love ya,
Elder Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment