Thursday, June 27, 2013

MTC #3 - March 30, 2013

Dear Family,

The MTC is an absolute time warp.  I can not believe I have been here a week.  Tomorrow the new recruits arrive and as Zone Leaders Elder Cupp and I will be doing lots in their orientation.  There are only 2 new districts coming, 11 Elders and 8 sisters total.  It is very exciting tho!  We have had many teaching opportunities with different people.  It's amazing how the Spirit guides even when its just a role play.

Today we had an incredible experience at the TRC with an actual, real investigator!  We didn't know what to teach and we were planning for the lesson yesterday and we prayed as a companionship (around here we are known as the "triple combo")  to know what to teach this man, Javier.  We all got different things but I got Africa and my conversion story.  At first, I was very hesitant about that because it is a very personal and sacred thing to me but as the lesson went on I felt more and more that I needed to share.  The man, Javier, is from Madrid, Spain and he moved here 4 years ago.  So we already had tons in common and we talked about how he came to decide to meet with the missionaries and I just kept thinking, "wow, this is ridiculous, it's like I was meant to be here right now".  He kind of gravitated towards me the entire time and finally he asked me why I was here and when I knew it was true.  So I told him about Africa.  It was incredible the Spirit was so strong and to close the story I had him read Moroni 10:4-5 and he was moved, to say the least.  We committed him to read the Book of Mormon and we actually get to meet with him and follow up with him on Thursday.  It was such an incredible experience and a great kickstart to real investigators in the mission.

I have no doubt this is the true church of Christ.  It is incredible how much more of an eternal perspective I have now as a missionary.  All things are possible through Christ.  This is the best thing I have ever done.  I am leaving here really soon!

I leave for Billings on April 2nd!  Tonight we have a devotional where they say a GA will speak and I'm praying Elder Eyring will show up!  We have another GA on Sunday for Easter which I am pretty stoked about.  I appreciate all the letters and love from the family and I will check back in when I can!

I love you!

Elder Holland
PS - I just saw Bro and Sister Wright at dinner and again at the devotional!

No comments:

Post a Comment