Thursday, June 27, 2013

Transfers! May 13, 2013

Hey!
It was so fun to four way SKYPE on Mother's day - truly mother heaven.  It was a virtual family reunion - technology is amazing.  Here is Spencer's letter as well as a SKYPE photo.

So I know I just got to Skype yesterday but I'm being transferred! Idk how I feel about this because there are so many wonderful people we are working with in Three Forks and I love everyone I have met there.  My training isn't even done! It is supposed to be a 12 week thing and now i'm leaving during the 6th week.  I'm gonna miss Elder Wilson as a companion.  He is great and has such an amazing heart.  He really does carry the Spirit and I love him.  But I am going to be transferred to the 2nd ward in Bozeman!!  This is where the Spanish branch is and it is right up next to the mountains.  Spring is here and it is starting to turn all green and it is absolutely gorgeous here.  Also, My companion is Elder Rodriguez from SAN DIEGO!!!! He is from Chula Vista and I'm super excited to be companions with him cuz all I've heard about him is he takes the work very seriously and works super hard so we will be on the same page.  Also, I'm gonna be the senior companion which is strange cuz idk if I know exactly what I'm doing yet but I have faith that I will have help in rising fulfill the calling. 

I'm really gonna miss Three Forks tho.  At least tomorrow we have an awesome dinner planned.  Brother Boyd who is a pilot for some high up guy in Apple, is gonna set up dinner for us and his family ON THE END OF THE RUNWAY at the airport.  There is a less active member we have been doing service for in his hangar and he owns a couple planes that do crop dusting and he is gonna do a fly by and dump a couple hundred gallons of water like right next to us... maybe on us idk yet but its hot now I wouldn't mind.  But it's gonna be awesome!


I'm sad to go but I've prayed about it already and I know without a doubt that Bozeman is where I'm supposed to go next.  One of the biggest changes in my life over the past year has been the ability to recognize the Holy Ghost as he testifies of truth to me personally.  There are lots of unseen forces/energies out there that are good and bad that we can feel and recognize but the most important is that of the third member of the Godhead, the Holy Ghost.  I love that I can pray anytime and know without a doubt that the answer I am getting is coming from a divine source.  How incredible is that! The key is figuring out how the Holy Ghost works in you specifically.  We all respond to energy and read things here on earth differently and a testimony builder for me is that the Holy Ghost is different for every person, making him unique to every person.  Just proving once again that our Heavenly Father loves us and does everything he can to help us, if we let him.  I love you all I am so grateful for all of you who have written me and keep my in your prayers.  I feel the strength from them every day and it truly does help me in my purpose in inviting others to come unto Christ.  Talk to you all next week :)


Love,
Elder Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment