Thursday, June 27, 2013

Elder Holland(s) June 25, 2013

Hey Fam!

This week is going to be incredible! I am so excited for Jaromy to arrive on Thursday.  I am very bummed because Elder Rodriguez is being transferred to Great Falls but I know it is where he is supposed to go.  So I found out last week that one of the investigators I was blessed to teach in Three Forks chose to be baptized this Friday!  So Jar we will get to go out to Three Forks on Friday and because of special circumstances she will be baptized and confirmed a member on the same night.  I'm way excited tho cuz Jar will get the meet all the wonderful people of Three Forks.

(Mom's Note) Last Sunday Spencer's companion, Elder Rodriguez's family came to our ward for Sacrament Meeting to see Jaromy before he goes to Montana.  Some of you may recognize the Rodriguez family from a segment on "The District".  Here is a picture of our families together with Jaromy.  Jaromy left this morning for Billings.  He will do entry missionary training and then go to Spencer in Bozeman on Thursday.  We are really excited for next week's letters from both Elder Hollands!  

I REALLY enjoyed the worldwide "Zone conference" we had on Sunday.  That was really cool and I hope everyone was able to see it.  It was like a special edition of General Conference.  Multiple people quoted this but I really loved the quote from Joseph Smith, "After all that has been said the greatest and most important duty is to preach the gospel."  I completely agree.  I have had some amazing experiences teaching the plan of salvation.  When we tell someone that this is a plan that they knew of in great detail and agreed to before they came here to earth  you can see it is their eyes and the Spirit always testifies of the truth of what you are saying.  It is incredible to know that there is a God with you at all times to confirm what you are saying.  I feel like at the beginning of my mission I was very hesitant to say things but that is no longer the case.

Elder Andersen had a great talk and my favorite things he said had to do with prayer.  "Our work begins on our knees."  During our mission tour President Mecham testified to us if we simply say all of our prayers on our knees baptisms will increase and the work will grow even faster.  Jeez that's powerful.
Elder Nelson said, "Missionary work comes alive when we hear remarkable stories of individual conversion."  I feel like the experiences we have are meant to strengthen us and help us continue on our own personal conversion but we must always remember that what may help our testimony can help make someone else's testimony.  Some experiences are meant just for us but for the most part we are to share those things that have brought us closer to God.  A perfect example of this is Boyd K Packer.  I was sad to see his talk because I feel like he was saying that he will not make it until October but what a powerful testimony he bore.  I will never forget the statement he made at the end of his testimony, "I know that the Lord lives. I know the Lord."  I believe he and all the apostles have a perfect knowledge of the Gospel.

During my discussion last Thursday in District meeting I decided to focus on how we as missionaries should behave as missionaries during transfers.  I feel this scripture applies to all of us in our every day lives as well.  At the end of his letter to the Philippians Paul said, "Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.  I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: Every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.  I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me." (Phil 4:11-13)

I know this Church is true.  I have it confirmed to me every single day.  I seek that confirmation every day because for some reason if I do not I begin to forget these crucial eternal truths.  Last October in Conference Pres Monson said, "The more we act on our spiritual promptings the more we will receive"and I know this to be true.

Thank you all for your love and support I really appreciate and I feel the strength of it every single day.

Love, 
Elder Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment