Thursday, June 27, 2013

Another week already? April 22, 2013

Hey Fam!

I can't believe another week has come and gone.  A mission is a time warp.  I'm glad to hear you are all doing well and I Like seeing all the pictures :)  First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY CUTLER!!!!!! You finally hit the Big 17!!!  Don't let it get to your head haha ALWAYS Remember I can still beat u at an arm wrestle ;) haha well at least for now... I bought some weights and a pull up bar today so hopefully they will help because the members here feed us a ridiculous amount of food and we have a dinner EVERY day. Which is a good thing!  Yesterday we went out to this little town called Ennis and visited the branch there. My companion and I gave sacrament meeting talks which went really well.  There are like 50 active members and they are just awesome people.  It's a little overwhelming at times to meet sooo many new people and then have to remember all of their names and everything about them but I am definitely recieving help from heavenly father in that area which I'm really happy about.  The town Ennis is only 70 miles from West Yellowstone and its incredible out there :)

But holy smokes the work is picking up here.  We have met some great people while tracting and are working with many less active members and are making great progress.  I knew the day would come where I met someone going through something really hard in their life and I would have to testify to them that true peace and joy from their situation can only come from our Savior.  That day came yesterday.  I met a couple that desperately need help and it was really hard to talk to them about what they were dealing with because I have absolutely no frame of reference.  We had a really good talk with them and put a plan in place with goals to bring them to Christ and they accepted the plan and committed to following what we had discussed.  This work has allowed me to humble myself more than I ever thought it would.  Instead of just imagining how God see's us I am actually beginning to have my eyes opened and see his actions EVERYWHERE.  It's crazy I feel like I have lost all worry for myself and can only care for the people around me.  I have never had this perspective so strong in my life before and I must admit it has made me feel the closest to my Savior, even more than in the Temple.  Well, we have very limited time today and I didn't even get to read all of your e-mails but I love you all so much and am so grateful for your support and love.

Love

Elder Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment